Pollo Tropical Franchising Requirements
Thank you for your interest in Pollo Tropical®. PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
Pollo Tropical® is currently expanding through its franchise program in select markets. Our program involves direct franchising to restaurant operators (not master franchises with sub-franchisees). This means all franchise candidates must demonstrate the following characteristics to be considered:
- Significant experience in high volume, multi-unit restaurant management. This may include hotel, contract feeding and catering or other hospitality industry experience. Five years or more is desired. Ownership of the operations in question is not required but adds to the qualifications of the candidate. (If the candidate is a financial investor, an equity partner must fulfill this requirement.)
- Demonstrated experience and success in developing commercial and retail properties.
- Excellent credit and personal/business references.
- A business infrastructure able to support an investment and operation of the size at issue.
- Verifiable minimum net worth of $5 million US (greater for large territorial development agreements).
- Verifiable unencumbered liquid assets of $1.5 million US (greater for large territorial development agreements).
- Adequate capital reserves available to fulfill the development opportunity.